Replacement Window Tips
- Traditionally, clear glass has been the primary material available for window panes in homes.
- Window frames are available in a variety of materials, including aluminum, wood, vinyl, and fiberglass.
- Many types of windows and window films are available that serve different purposes.
- If a window's resistance to heat flow, or R-value, is high, it will lose less heat than one with a lower R-value.
- In a typical house, over 40% of the annual energy budget is consumed by heating and cooling
- On single hung windows, the top glass is fixed while the bottom glass operates up and down and tilts in for easy cleaning.
- On double hung windows, both top and bottom sashes operate up and down and also tilt in for easy cleaning.
How can I find out more information?
You can start by Requesting a Free Insiderís Guide and Free No Obligation Quote. When you complete our quote form you will receive our Free Insiderís Guide. Giving you the chance to learn even more about your options and speak with a licensed local home improvement professional in your area.